Many academicians in ITU provide consultancy services and project partnerships to government departmentsan public institutions. In addition, protocols have been signed with many public institutions to produce and realize joint projects. ITU also carries out activities on developing social policies with the government.
· A cooperation protocol was signed by joining forces for studies covering the polar regions.
· TÜBİTAK 1001 – Scientific and Technological Research Projects Funding Program
· ITU Maritime Faculty project was entitled to be supported by TÜBİTAK.
· 4 more projects from Istanbul Technical University are granted support within the framework of “TÜBİTAK ARDEB 1001 – Scientific and Technological Research Projects Funding Program
· 2022 Young Woman Scientist Award in the field of physical sciences within the scope of the “For Women in Science”
· H2SEA Project on the conversion of hydrogen sulfide in the depths of the Black Sea.
· Barrier-Free Orienteering
· Earthquake seminar
· Mining accident
· Climate change and water resources workshop
· ITU and Foreign Economic Relations Board of Turkey (DEİK) signed a comprehensive cooperation protocol for education, internship, R&D with international organizations.
· A cooperation protocol was signed between Istanbul Technical University (ITU) and Eti Maden Operations General Directorate (ETİMADEN). With the protocol, the two institutions will realize projects for identifying and evaluating the country’s resources and needs.
· 2557 TÜBİTAK-Belarus BRFFR Joint Project Call Results have been announced. The project of 3 faculty members from Turkey was considered worthy of support. Department of Chemistry faculty member Prof.Dr. Yusuf Yağcı's project was the only one that received support from ITU.
· University-Industry Cooperation between ITU and MATIL- A cooperation protocol was signed between ITU and Materials Testing and Innovation Laboratories Co. (MATIL).
· The 'Recovery of Rare Earth Elements from Coal Ashes and Coal Washing Wastes' PROJECT carried out jointly with Istanbul Technical University Department of Mineral Processing Engineering and General Directorate of Turkish Coal Enterprises (TKİ).
· TÜBİTAK MAM-KUTUP ARAŞTIRMA PROJELERİ (2021-2022)
ITU carries out activities on developing social policies with the government. Appointed as a member of the Social Policies Board by the President, Prof. Dr. Lütfihak Alpkan has been carrying out this duty since 2018. The commissioning news was published in the Official Gazette
dated October 8th, 2018.